The Texas Society of Architects is hiring a full-time Communications Coordinator. As an organized, creative communicator, you will work with a collaborative team to support our members in their careers, the architectural industry, and promote the value of architecture. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Communications and works with staff across all departments, including advocacy, events, and membership.
About the Texas Society of Architects
The Texas Society of Architects (TxA) was founded in 1939 as the state component of the American Institute of Architects. As a 501(c)(6) professional membership organization of approximately 7,500 architects, TxA is the voice for Texas architecture, supporting the creation of safe, beautiful, sustainable environments. TxA advances Texas architecture, the architectural profession, and the power of design through advocacy, knowledge, and communication.
TxA works on behalf of Texas architects to ensure they are broadly represented and are recognized as creative and innovative leaders for the built environment. Headquartered in Austin, TxA is the third largest regional component of AIA National and host of 18 local AIA components.
TxA is a catalyst for collaboration and diversity, governed by a Board of Directors, stewarded by staff, and driven by a set of actively engaged committees. Our membership model and annual conference are the primary fuel for the Society’s budget. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, TxA also is the organizational home of the Texas Architects Committee political action organization and the Texas Architectural Foundation, which provides scholarships to students at Texas schools of architecture, and the publisher of Texas Architect, a bimonthly magazine.
Expected Expertise and Experience
- Contribute to and assist with implementing the organization’s annual marketing and communication plan
- Build engaging marketing emails, as well as weekly member newsletter
- Create impactful daily content for, and manage, social media channels to include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to increase awareness of the organization and its members to industry professionals and the general public
- Plan, create, and update informational and visual content on website as needed.
- Collaborate on crafting compelling collateral and marketing materials, including presentations, brochures, social media, events, press releases, etc.
- Help conceive campaigns that support the organization’s activities, and help coordinate with staff to implement them
- Supporting allied Society initiatives, such as the annual conference and design expo
- Assist with general department administrative needs
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualities:
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience in any of the following areas: digital communications, creative writing, strategic communications, or public relations
- Excellent skills in organization, prioritizing tasks, attention to detail, and managing deadlines
- Work well in a collaborative team, with the ability to self-direct as-needed and be proactive in completing goal-oriented assignments
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including working cross-departmentally
- Proficiency with email marketing applications (ex. Mailchimp), social media management software, WordPress plus basic HTML, and CVENT is a preferred
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Some proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) is highly preferred
- Interest in architecture and design is a plus
- Position is in Austin, TX
- Medical, dental and vision insurance 100% covered
- 401(k) matching 100% up to 5%
- Life insurance
- Short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave, plus annual holidays
- Flexible schedule
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration by December 3, 2021. We’ll follow up with candidates shortly thereafter.