The Comptroller’s State Energy Conservation Office (SECO) is accepting written comments* on the energy efficiency provisions of the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code. It applies to all commercial, multi-family residential and industrial construction.
Anyone interested in energy efficiency building codes is encouraged to comment on the newly published code including:
- commercial and multi-family residential builders;
- architects and engineers;
- environmental groups; and
- municipal, county and other local governmental officials.
Written comments may be submitted in one of three ways:
- By email
- In person at the SECO offices:
LBJ State Office Building
111 E. 17th St.
- By mail:
State Energy Conservation Office
Comptroller of Public Accounts
P.O. Box 13528
Austin, TX 78711-3528
All comments should be submitted no later than Monday, Feb. 5, 2018.
* As authorized by 34 TAC §19.52.